Thursday, January 24, 2008

Go club at my school? Improvement!

Well, the trip was excellent. I had a great weekend and created some new, great bonds with some of the students at my school. I also was also surprised that out of the eighty or so students that went, I found four that knew the manga/anime Hikaru No Go. Everyone one of them were interested in learning to play the game of Go, but had never had the chance. If there are four out of less than a hundred, surely there are many more amongst the close-to-two-thousand students at the school I teach at. I think that trying to start a Go club there would probably turn out to be quite a success!

Since my last game last Thursday, I haven't had the time to play yet again on KGS. In addition, I didn't really get much time at all to read during the trip. Basically, I've had close to a week with no Go. I'll have time this weekend to play, and we'll see how the short break affects my strength.

On another note, apparently the people I have defeated on KGS in the past have gotten better. According to KGS, they have improved enough to have had an effect on my KGS ranking. I am now 13 Kyu, and halfway to 12 Kyu! It was nice to not play for a few days, and then see my ranking go up a point.

Stay tuned for more reports and games!

No comments: