Thursday, January 17, 2008

Last game before heading out of town

I am a high school teacher, and this weekend I will be heading up to Prescott, Arizona with my school. We will be back Monday, and so I've packed a couple good tsumego books up along with my two new novels that revolve around the game of Go (First Kyu and The Go Master). I won't be able to play at all, and so I got one last game in tonight before I head off to bed.

I was Black against ME2 [14k] on KGS. It was a satisfying game, but not simply because I was victorious. It was satisfying mainly in that I felt like I was able to be successfully aggressive...something I have not yet been able to do in a game against an even-ranked player. I am normally defending what I have and holding out until the end. In this game, I experimented and pushed as much as I could find room for. An early R11 was imperative I half-felt, and was later told in review with Flameblade [2-3d] from Go Discussions. However, it worked out in this game.

Here it is:










Have a good weekend!

No comments: